Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Since you asked ...

You asked me today if I looked askance at your doll-making because it wasn't a more practical hobby. Thinking of "hobby" as "an activity or interest that is undertaken for pleasure, typically done during one's leisure time," I replied "no."

Having considered, however, that your dolls could be displayed or even sold, I've since decided that, as an avocation, doll-making runs the risk of being disgracefully practical. Therefore, I have come up with a list of new hobbies for you to pursue, each is which is more useless than a solar-powered flashlight:

  • Collecting ecstasy pills
  • Knitting woolen breasts
  • Yodeling with your mouth closed
  • Memorizing songs backwards
  • Vomit photography
  • Nerf jousting
  • Frog breeding
  • Making mud balls
  • Off-road shopping cart racing
  • Woodworking

2 comments:

  1. I don't know, knitting woolen breasts might actually be practical, in the sense that there may be some strange fetishistic niche market for a product like that, so I'll stick to art dolls and/or woodworking just to be safe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over a month since this post and nothing new to read...so, so sad. weep. whimper. sob, cry.

    ReplyDelete